Zimbra Collaboration Suite has much to offer as it seeks to achieve its fundamental objective of providing a “best in class and aligned user experience, exceeding their current expectation” Save
Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) is a truly modern, innovative messaging and collaboration application. Zimbra is the leading open source solution for enterprise, service provider, education, and government environments offering administrators and their end-users unmatched benefits. Additionally, Zimbra offers a hosted or on-premise solution that allows the maximum flexibility for the customer moving forward.
Ajax based web collaboration is at the heart of ZCS. The powerful web client integrates email, contacts, shared calendar, tasks, instant messaging, online document authoring and sharing, and personal briefcase into a rich browser-based interface. Also, our unique open source Zimlet technology which is constantly evolving and extended with new Zimlets through our global developer community makes it easy for you to include custom 'mash-ups' in the ZCS web client.
Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO):
- Modern distributed architecture for very high scalability. Zimbra has demonstrated that it can handle 100,000s of provisioned users per dual CPU server.
- Native volume and hierarchical storage management (HSM) to accommodate large quotas on commodity storage.
- Multi-tenancy for hosting large numbers of domains.
- Class of service provisioning for all major features.
- Strong internet-based security (SSL/TLS for all protocols), with support for single sign-on via the service provider's portal.
- Rich Web 2.0/Ajax user interface with search, sharing, RSS, VoIP, tagging, etc. that is ahead of the leading web portals today.
- Easy "skinning" and rebranding of the Zimbra UI to enhance the brand.
- Support for a broad range of email clients (Microsoft, Apple, Linux) and mobile devices via "over the air" sync.
- Very flexible and extensive framework through Zimbra's extensible mash-up/portlet architecture (Zimlets) for interfacing/collaborating value-added services from the enterprise and/or its affiliates.